The much copied Performance Hybrid whips are made by the Whip Chick. Lauren has a good set up that she has taken time to perfect. I have also spent a lot of time and energy working on my own favorite set up for the action I want my whips to have.
My Show whips are similar to PH whips because the nylon whip thong is tied to the handle and they are made by blond women.... and that is where the similarities end.
I do not own one of Lauren's whips, but I have had the chance to play with one and here are the differences.
1. The handle. My Show whips have a polished copper handle. The PH whips have pvc.
2. The way we plait the handle is slightly different. I have an extra knot that is sure to add a bit of weight. But I like how it looks.
3. The connection. Show whips do not swivel in the connection point. This is the reason they are accurate for targeting. PH whips do swivel and some people like it that way.
4. The binding in the inner whip is different.
5. The taper. Show whips taper slower than PH whips to balance out the weight of my fall.
6. Show whips end in a 4 plait with a traditional fall hitch which allows the fall to be changed. PH whips end in a taper twist.
7. The fall. Show whip falls are 2.5 to 3 feet long with some added weight that helps them to be accurate for targeting. Falls on the PH whip looks to be only a few inches longer than the cracker.
There you have it! Both good and very different. If you want a PH whip I suggest you get one from Lauren. If you want a Show whip, I'm your girl and would love to work on a project with you!
I actually like Lauren quite a bit. There is not a beef or competition between us. So, put that rumor to bed. The girls have to stick together!